Friday, September 22, 2006

Quick, Get Me a Paper Bag! I'm Hyperventilating!

Well, this has been a red-letter week for li'l ole me! Which is a good thing because when Hilary Sares knocks me down a peg or two in early November, I'll still have this little high moment to remember and savor.

A little over an hour ago, I received a couple of e-mails from a fellow FanLitter, Sarah Kirbo. Sarah, you are naughty because you provide me no way to link people to you! Update thy profile with a blog or somethin', says I!

I can, however, link to one of her FanLit entries, Bloody Rose, which finished a very respectable 28th. Better than my parody, come to think of it.

/me scowls

So, it seems Sarah e-mailed Teresa Medeiros, Avon author and self-identified Trekkie, and suggested she read my Star Trek parody. It seems there was "buzz" earlier in the week that Teresa herself might have been the author. At any rate, Teresa did read it and Sarah forwarded me her two e-mails praising my entry to prove it (I won't reproduce them here on the chance Teresa wouldn't want me to). Just suffice it to say she said words to the effect of "I wish I had written it," and I had another squee moment as a result.

I sent a nice e-mail to Teresa thanking her for reading my entry and being so kind about it, of course. But the really funny part of this is that when I saw the first few 5.0s come in on A Regency Enterprise, I had momentary delusions of grandeur in which I envisioned it finishing in the top ten just so Teresa could read it. Because I knew she is a Trekkie and I was pretty sure she'd think it was, at the very least, amusing. I never dreamed my entry would be (however incorrectly) attributed to her or that she'd enjoy it as much as she seemed to.

I am in awe.

And oh, how I wish we had more than 69+ hours left in which to craft the next chapter. Because I have a pretty good parody idea, but I just don't know how I'm going to find the time to write it!

6 comments:

Lynne Simpson said...

After your last flash of genius, Jacqueline, I have every confidence you will think of something. And if not for this round, the next!

What a WEEK this has been!

Erica Ridley said...

How awesome!! You rock!

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Cool! I hope you end up with enough time to write your next parody. Please let us know if you do!

Jody W. (Meankitty)

Jackie Barbosa said...

Well, I don't know if there'll be an entry in this round or not. I'm trying to write one now, as I've got a fairly amusing idea, but I've got less than four hours to finish it. If I do get an entry into this round, it won't be a parody, but it won't be "straight" either.

The title, should it go out, will be "The Fairy Tale Fractures", which might give you an idea where I'm going, LOL!

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Found it! We so think alike.

Jackie Barbosa said...

I saw that you found it, meankitty! I must confess, I have no idea where these weird ideas are coming from.

Maybe I'm channeling you?