Wednesday, July 25, 2007

And the Winner Is...

Obviously Unbridled, by a full body length.

Which is a good thing, because I have to admit, it's my favorite of the bunch, too. Not to say I disliked any of the others, but I feel like Unbridled has the most punch from a standpoint of being both unique and hitting on multiple story aspects simultaneously. (This is a hot romance--or I like to think so, anyway--so the double entendre works pretty well.)

So, Bill and Tessa now get to duke it out over the prize. However, since Tessa went to National and may very well have a signed copy of the book in question (or so many signed copies of books in general as to be utterly out of additional shelf space), I'll offer it to Bill first. Bill, email me at jacqueline at jacquelinebarbour.com to claim your prize!

And thanks to everyone who participated. This was tons of fun! Or it was for me, anyway!

P.S. Maybe we can rewrite the first chapter by vote, too?

5 comments:

Isabel said...

Ooh, I'm late for the vote, but I totally agree with Unbridled as a title. Congrats to Bill and Tessa.

Thanks, Jacq, this was so much fun. I'm up for re-writing chapter one by vote.

Tessa Dare said...

Yay! I have wayyyy too many books from National that I have no space for, so Bill is welcome to the prize.

But I *do* expect a signed copy of "Unbridled" someday!

Jackie Barbosa said...

Given that it's taken me a week to write six pages of the new first chapter/scene, you may be waiting a LOOOOOOONG time for that signed copy, Tessa :->!

Bill Clark said...

Jacq, I can't remember when I've had so much fun in an on-line contest! Every time I see Erica's smiling face in a comment area, all I can think of is her suggestion, "Ridden Hard and Put Away Wet" - I still can't stop laughing!

Thanks for the book, which is a nice consolation prize for someone who's never been to a RWA conference in his life - but is tempted to start attending if only to meet all the terrific people who congregate there.

It's clear that you Mavens have a great following of talented writers...which makes me wonder, what happened to the group story we started a few weeks ago before the conference sidetracked everyone? As I recall, we left our heroine dressed in an outrageously bodacious outfit (courtesy of Erica) on the cusp of an impending (non-) marriage and in the arms of a former flame with more than a few mutually unresolved issues. What happens next? Enquiring minds want to know!!

P.S. Don't forget to dedicate "Unbridled" to Tessa and me! :-)

Erica Ridley said...

Maybe we can rewrite the first chapter by vote, too?

Bwa ha haa.

Noooo!

=)