Monday, July 09, 2007

The Vacation Report

Yes, I know I'm a few days late. As always seems to happen, it took me longer to right the ship after getting home than I expected. It's amazing how much work a house that's been empty for ten days requires to become livable again!

So, for those who asked, we had a fabulous time in Minnesota. Honestly, I think this was the best vacation my kids ever had in their lives. They went fishing, trap-shooting, and spear-throwing. (Well, the oldest did the trap-shooting and spear-throwing; the younger ones watched.) They saw wildlife galore: deer, a fox, a family of bald eagles, beavers. And they had an entire day at the amusement park in the world-famous Mall of America. Life was good. They're already talking about going back next summer.

The only drawbacks to the entire trip were the mosquito bites (mine are still itching!) and the fact that I didn't write for ten days. The not writing for ten days was particularly horrible because now I'm gearing up to leave for Dallas and the RWA National Conference on Wednesday afternoon, which means not much writing since I've gotten back, either. Instead, I'm thinking about what to wear and whether I should actually pitch A Scandalous Liaison or not, and whether my business cards stand any chance of arriving before I leave.

In view of this lunacy, I leave you now with a few pictures from lovely, mosquito-infested Minnesota.

My aunt and uncle's farmhouse



The boat and the lake



Out on the lake



The BIG one (12")



The triumphant fisherfolk return!

6 comments:

Ericka Scott said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Welcome back...and of course you should start piching A Scandalous Liason...because, damn it, I want to buy it soon!!

lacey kaye said...

Great pictures! We're SOOOOO glad to have you back ;-)

Beverley Kendall said...

Kids are sooo cute. Glad the vacation was fun (minus the mosquito bites of course). See you tomorrow!

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Sounds like an awesome vacation! I'm skipping the annual camping vacation this year myself...just me and the baby eating tv dinners all week :)

Jody W. (note the blog change)

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute!

Unknown said...

These children should be cloned they're so cute! Glad you had a wonderful vaca.