Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Odd Things

So, last Friday, Annie posted a "6-10 odd things about me" tag thing that's been making the blog rounds and kindly (I think) tagged me. Now, I admit, I had to think quite a while to come up with even ONE odd thing about me and I'm still not sure how weird ANY of these things is, but hey, I'm nothing if not game. (Plus, I'm always pleased when a blog topic presents itself without much independent thought on my part *g!)

I was only able to come up with six things, though, probably proving I am not remotely odd.

1. When I was ten years old, my testimony in a court case regarding a traffic ticket was the deciding factor in the dismissal of the charges. At least, according to my father. I think he was right. See, I noticed that the map of the intersection where the incident occured had been posted upside down and no one else did. That convinced the judge I was observant and my testimony was trustworthy.

2. I sneeze when my hair is pulled. I always have to warn my hairstylists.

3. I was fired from my first adult job as a Girl Scout camp counselor because I made a group of campers stand in the bathroom for several minutes as punishment for not closing the toilet lids to trap the smell as our group's rules required. (It was incredibly stupid of me, but hey, I was all of 18! Like I knew shit. Well, okay, I knew the smell of it.)

4. I fell and broke my nose while backpacking in the Sierra Nevada with my husband and had to be helicoptered out.

5. I have never seen (nor do I ever want to see) Titanic, never watched Survivor or American Idol, and don't know the names of any of the characters from Friends, though I have seen bits and pieces of episodes of the show in rerun.

6. As the result of a severe asthma attack, I was in cardiac arrest for around five minutes in July of 2003. I was, of course, revived. I consequently refer to July 7 as Resurrection Day.

And since it was Lacey who kindly reminded me I had to do this, I tag her next. Along with anyone else who thinks it might be fun!

1 comment:

lacey kaye said...

Bleh! perfect friday post, though...