Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Comes But Once a Year

And thank God for that!

Oh, not because I'm a Scrooge or anything like that. I adore Christmas. And I love watching my kids light up with delight as they open their presents and discover both the things they requested and the things they didn't expect. What I don't enjoy is getting all of those wonderful toys out of the packaging (have they raised Harry Houdini from the dead to design these things so only magicians can open them?) and cleaning up the trash! Oh, and finding a home for all the new stuff. Oy!

Speaking of things you didn't expect, my husband surprised me with a 30 GB iPod. I suppose this means I have actually entered the 21st century. Now if I can only figure out how to use the darn thing!

But the best part of Christmas this year was knowing I'd finished my first manuscript in 20+ years. Thanks to everyone who congratulated me, either here or in personal email, on finishing. You all know who you are!

3 comments:

lacey kaye said...

You're more than welcome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations once again. You deserve to celebrate. You're an inspiration to me. Way to go Jacqueline!

Isabel

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

No kidding on the children's toy packaging issue. We've learned to use nippers. Sure it once resulted in Barbie having some pre-Christmas hairloss, but gal's got a LOT of hair. Who's gonna notice?

Congrats on the END!