Monday, April 16, 2007

Drumroll, Please!

I've been trying to get around to posting all day, just to reassure you all that five days without Internet didn't kill me.

Actually, technically, I wasn't completely without Internet the entire weekend (Lacey was right about that *g!). We did stay at a hotel that had a terminal in the lobby, which was a good thing, as I needed to log in a few times to check information about various places we wanted to visit and make a hotel reservation for Saturday night after we changed our plans. But I certainly didn't have time to read email or blogs or chat with anyone.

But what finally motivated me to post was the phone call I got five minutes ago. The first ten pages of Lady Libertine finalled in the Wisconsin RWA's Fab Five Contest. Does that rock or what? I'm soooooo pleased. Mainly because the heroine of that book is very non-traditional for a historical (she really is a libertine and she has done plenty of sleeping around before the story commences), so I wasn't sure how she would play to judges. So yay Amelia!

I'd love to share all the gory vacation details with ya'll, so I'm sure you'll be terribly sorry to hear I have to go to the grocery store to prevent us all from starving to death. (Five days away leaves bare cupboards. Whatever you still have is pretty much spoiled by the time you get back!)

So, I'm glad to be home but still trying to get my groove back. (I did, however, write 1,500 words this morning. Not bad!)

12 comments:

lacey kaye said...

I'm still rocked about the final! You are so on it, woman!

Lady Leigh said...

You are hereby crowned a contest diva ;-)

Excellent news, and a great response to a non-traditional heroine.

Congrats!
leigh

Beverley Kendall said...

Super congrats on finaling. My current heroine is named Amelia. :)

Erica Ridley said...

Whoo hoo!! I knew everyone would love Amelia just as much as I do! (Er... wait... not like that...)

Courtney Milan said...

Congratulations, Jacqueline! That's great news!

caramaena said...

congrats :)

Unknown said...

Wow! Good for you and Lady L!

Ann Aguirre said...

Congrats, jac! :)

Jackie Barbosa said...

Thanks for all the congratulations, ladies! I appreciate it.

Now I just need to get "unstuck" on that book. I hit 10,000 words and a wall at about the same time. Luckily, I think I found a chink in the wall that I can just about squeeze through *g!

Carrie Lofty said...

Heya! Congrats to you too! Where you did you find out about the finalists? Just curious who else is on the list...

May our unconventional heroines duke it out! Mine knees the hero in the balls before the close of page ten! She's so dreamy.

Jackie Barbosa said...

Muchas gracias for the 'grats, Carrie.

I first got the list of finalists from one of my CPs (who finaled in a different contest the same day) who got the announcement from a list she subs that I don't. Later that day, though, the finalists were posted to the Contest Alert loop, which I do subscribe. I could easily forward the announcement to you if you're interested. Just email me so I have your addy. Mine is guavaln at cox dot net.

Ericka Scott said...

CONGRATULATIONS on finalling! Yahoo!

Hope you had a good vacation as well. . .