Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Speed Post

I'm normally more garrulous on Wednesdays, but I'm saving my words for my books instead of my blog. You see, I'm kind of on a roll.

After chatting with my CPs this week, I've had a major breakthrough on Going Greek, my chook-lit (as Cara Maena called it) story. Turns out, there's a blog in it. The blog will work its way through the entire story and plays a major role in the plot. And it's so topical. I really love the idea and it's motivated me to write more and faster.

So, that's what I'm doing today and I hope, tomorrow, and the next day. Along with continuing to work on the new first chapter of A Scandalous Liaison, which has taken the book in a direction I'm very happy with as well.

All in all, a good week thus far, despite the (nearly interminable) interruptions associated with having kids at home for spring break. I should be just about ready for that vacation by the time it rolls around next Wednesday.

Today's question: What drives you crazy when your muse is really singing? And how do you keep the muse on topic ('specially if, like me, you try to blog regularly)?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the muse is singing, I am typing, or taking notes, or investigating the tangent.

My blog is, more or less, writing tips I've either come up with or learned over the years. It also tells of when my works are coming out.

Nice idea with the blog tangent in your story - should give you speed.

T.J.

Erica Ridley said...

What drives me crazy is when my muse isn't singing but somebody else's is. g*

I blogged about you, you speed-typing beeyotch. I am trying to corral my productivity jealousy into something more positive, like maybe working on my own story instead of whining about it all the time. =)

Do NOT slow down your production! I'm so glad to see you making such great progress!

caramaena said...

:D

The name chook-lit does amuse me so...

Ericka Scott said...

Interruptions of the telephone kind are what really drive my muse insane. It seems as if the whole worlds knows the minute the boys go down for nap and that's when they call! I've been turning the ringer off if I'm on a writing roll.. . I answer them AFTER the boys get up!

Ann Aguirre said...

What's chook-lit?

lacey kaye said...

The good kind of interruption: when my cps are putting out excerpts faster than I can comment on them, let alone write my own! In that, I'm with Erica ;-)

Which doesn't mean you should slow down -- no, no -- but that you must exercise patience, my child, in your instant gratification!