Monday, April 09, 2007

The Muse Takes Over

I know, I haven't posted since Thursday. Very unlike me. Erica has complained that she's tired of Jimmy Olsen and would I please post something.

But, you see, the muse has been running rampant. Well, actually, that's not entirely true. I'd been writing great gangbusters when my CPs smacked me upside the head with a cluestick and told me a couple of my initial story points pretty much sucked. So then I had about two days of major anxiety and stomach pains before I found a way to fix what was wrong and move on. I didn't completely buy my CPs' suggestions that I come up with a completely different conflict and plot, but I did find a way to overcome most of their issues without raping the story.

Of course, this weekend was Easter, which means it was a total loss, writing wise. But I was able to pick up where I left off today and write about 1,500 words, which is about three times my typical output. And that's despite several hours' worth of frantic IM'ing with Erica and Darcy about their plot problems. So I'm a happy camper.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news, Jacqueline, congrats on writing 1500 today. :)

Isabel
*Who needs to write more than 250 words today...*

Roxy Harte said...

Yeah for you! 1500 words is awesome...I'm still recovering from my grandchildren being at my house yesterday:) Babies are exhausting...

Hugs
Roxy

lacey kaye said...

1500 is a LOT, esp considering how long that chat went on! Congrats! Seething with jealousy over here :-)

Erica Ridley said...

Yay for writing on your story AND your blog! =) hehehe

Over the past few days, we sure seemed to be passing that cluestick around.

Here's to an awesome writing week!