Monday, April 02, 2007

Good Tidings of Great Joy

I love Monday mornings. Unlike most people, I look forward to Monday because it means the beginning of my writing week.

But this Monday is especially good because I got word yesterday from Leigh Dennis, one of my critique partners, that her manuscript, The Unbound Heart, is a finalist for the Colorado Romance Writers' Heart of the Rockies contest. And since she doesn't have her own blog, I have the distinct honor of announcing her feat to the world. This is her first final, so naturally, she's ecstactic and I couldn't be more pleased for her. Natasha Kern of the Natasha Kern Literary Agency is the final round judge. Let's all wish her luck in the final round!

In other "good" news, I finished the familial taxes (or as much as I need to finish to file for an extension) and it looks like I actually got the withholding allowances right for a change. We owe, but just a little, which is exactly the way I like it. I got a blurb for Going Greek written and posted on my website. I'm still looking for a log line for the book, but I'm hoping something will come to me. I completed and sent in my RWA PRO application thanks to Lacey's speedy burning and mailing of my CD. I even went shopping and bought a couple of nice but comfortable outfits I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing at National in July.

And finally, though I can't take any of the credit myself, the first coat of paint in the dining room is finished. My husband got it all done on Saturday. I'm so pleased with the base color. Bright, springy, and cheerful.


And then, just because I feel like it, here's a photo of my daughter petting a baby alligator at an animal show at the Agua Hedionda Lagoon Discovery Center's opening event last weekend. She's the one in the bright yellow shirt. And she says alligators feel like rubbery plastic.

7 comments:

Ann Aguirre said...

Congrats to Leigh on finaling!

Your daughter's brave, I wouldn't touch an alligator!

Love your blonde wood shelves or cabinets, whatever those are. They're gorgeous!

lacey kaye said...

Yay, Leigh!

And I got to see the cabinets in person and I will confirm they are envy-inspiring :-)

Erica Ridley said...

Whoo-hoo, Leigh!! =)

I've never pet an alligator and I live here in sunny FL. Guess I better get me down to one of them alligator-wrestling farms (yes, they're real) and see for myself whether they feel like rubbery plastic...

Tessa Dare said...

I'm so excited for Leigh!

Your paint looks lovely - very bright and cheerful.

Anonymous said...

Very big congratulations to Leigh.

Love the paint - looks nice and clean.

T.J.

Ericka Scott said...

Yahoo Leigh! Big congrats on finaling!!

The paint looks mahvelous dahlin'k

Rubbery plastic. . . all I know, is it kind of tastes like chicken!

Jackie Barbosa said...

Annie and Lacey, you too can have a blond cabinet like that. IKEA, $300. Need I say more. (Okay, Annie might need shipping. Not sure IKEA's made it to Mexico City yet!)

Thanks for the compliments on the color.

Yes, my daughter is very brave to pet an alligator, but I DO point out, it's a very SMALL alligator. Not even big enough for a purse, my friends.

And Leigh, you rock! I'm so thrilled for you. Best of luck!

Barbara