Monday, April 23, 2007

Sex and the Thinking Blogger

Now that I have your attention...

Seriously, I know I got off my usual posting schedule last week, and I assure you, I angsted over it all weekend. (I know that makes you feel better *g!) However, I fell off the wagon for good reasons:

  1. I was writing. For me, I wrote like a fiend. (Actually, like a sex fiend if you want to get technical, but maybe we shouldn't go there on the blog.)
  2. Erica nominated this post of mine for a Thinking Blogger Award, and between Lacey and Annie, I had half my nominations stolen from me before mid-morning on Friday. So I been workin' on mine since Wednesday.

For those who are as yet unfamiliar with the Thinking Blogger , the rules are:

  • If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
  • Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
  • Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote

Here's my pretty award icon (because hey, if you got it, flaunt it, right?):



Now, for the hard part: my nominations. This was a tough call, my friends! In alphabetical order (because I can and because I'm just a tiny bit anal retentive), here they are:

  • Beverley
    Beverley's a FanLit friend, and I will be eternally envious of her because she completed one full manuscript in less time than it takes me to shower and dry my hair. Okay, that's a slight exaggeration. This post, however, which isn't even writing-related, is especially thought-provoking and lovely.
  • Lainey Bancroft
    I think I identify with Lainey in large part because we seem to have such similar lives: husband, kids, etc. This post, about how hard (nay, impossible) it is to make one's family understand this whole writing thing, however, struck a major chord with me.
  • Maggie Robinson
    Maggie writes almost as mean a blog as a FanLit entry. Her posts are nearly always thought-provoking, but this one in particular, about her parents' romance, truly touched and inspired me
  • Meankitty
    Meankitty's blog was an obvious choice. Because it's just so damned funny, but also because I love the insights I get into a cat's way of thinking as a result of Typing Slave's efforts. This post, in particular, sparked by my tag of Typing Slave in another meme some time ago, was especially amusing. And, hey, it's also totally not writing-related.
  • Pam Skochinski
    Pam actually has a blog under her Ericka Scott pen name as well, but the specific post I wanted to nominate lives here. Back in January and February, Pam posted a series of very short stories on Fictional Friday. Now, I do not have a knack for writing short but it's a skill I'd love to cultivate, so Pam's stories, complete in just a few hundred words, really impressed me. This one, a riff on Cinderella, was my favorite. (Pam, feel free to post your thinking blogger response on either of your blogs! Makes no nevermind to me!)

So, that's that. Whew, now I can get back to writing like a (sex) fiend!

8 comments:

Erica Ridley said...

You made such awesome progress on your stories! Keep it up! =)

lacey kaye said...

OMG, fab links!!! And yes, keep sending us scenes. Somehow you managed to get all your characters to have sex at the same time. It's like an orgy in my inbox :-)

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Now WHAT is it I'm supposed to do now that you tagged me?? Do I have to find blogs that haven't been tagged yet?

Jackie Barbosa said...

Um, yes, Meankitty, that's sort of the idea. I will, however, absolve you of that responsibility if you choose to sit it out. You have much more important things to do--kakking on carpets, snatching food from Loud Thing, terrorizing invading cats, etc.--than find blogs to tag.

Beverley Kendall said...

Oh my. Thanks Barbara. I think collectively the entire country stopped and thanked God for everyone who is important to them that very day.

Ann Aguirre said...

Hee! I didn't realize I stole some of your nominations, Jac!

Ericka Scott said...

I've done my links. . .but forgot to link back, so I'll have to do that! Thanks. . . and because you like the Cinderella riff soooo much, it sparked something bigger (maybe 5K0. And hotter. I'm hoping it will fit the Spice line better than the paranormal I was writing.

So, THANKS!

Unknown said...

I am suitably honored! Thank you, thank you. Now, if only I can figure out how to keep the ball rolling (just ask Lacey how technologically challenged I am...). There's not a time limit, is there? :)