Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm a Finalist--Again!

Two minutes ago, I received this in my inbox:

Congratulations! Your Historical entry, Living in Sin, is a finalist in the Connections Award and is on its way to the final round editor judge for placement. Good luck!!!
The final round judge is Tessa Woodward at Avon, who is supposedly looking for Regency and Victorian-set historical romances.

I've been waiting a long time for this announcement. Now, I get to wait some more. Oh goody! (I think.)

On the very plus side, I guess my query letter can list another contest final for my manuscript. That's gotta be a good thing, right?

12 comments:

Beverley Kendall said...

Congratulations Jacqueline!!! Yes, of course you can add another credit to your query. Here's to more to come...

Ann Aguirre said...

Congrats!

lacey kaye said...

wooo hooo!!!!!!!!!! we finaled we finaled THIS IS AWESOME! You so rock.

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Should I mentioned how great it will be if Avon requests the full? :)

verification word: kuust

Anonymous said...

Excellent Jacqueline! I hope she likes it.

Alice

Beverley Kendall said...

If I had your email, I would have emailed you but YES!!!It's a query and I'm so struggling with it.

Bev

Jackie Barbosa said...

Hi Bev,

I tried adding a contact link so you could email me from my page, but it doesn't seem to work in Blogger, alas!

I despise to post my email address because of the inevitable upsurge in spam, but I'll do it anyway. It's guavaln at yahoo dot com (hopefully, that messes up at least some of the spammers!). Send it my way any time!

Beverley Kendall said...

Thanks Jacqueline!! I hope to at least something half decent finished today (and that's after working on it for the past two days).

Sarah Palmero said...

YAY HOORAY! Good luck in the finals!

Tessa Dare said...

that's awesome, Jacqueline! Congratulations!

Jackie Barbosa said...

Thank you to everyone for the congratulations and well wishes.

I confess, I'm still in a state of shock. Yes, deep down, I'm really just a heaving mass of insecurity, LOL! It was an honor to final even once. Twice is, well, just unbelievable.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of rejection letters in the future to disabuse me of any pretensions to greatness, however :->.

Lynne Simpson said...

I just saw this. Congratulations, Jacqueline! That's AWESOME!!!