Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Dancing!

So, today you get a bonus post because my critique partner, Darcy Burke, just learned that she finaled in the Yellow Rose Chapter's Winter Rose contest. She let me know by chat a few minutes ago, right after she got the phone call.

I'll tell you, I got major butterflies and the shakes at the news. It was just about as great a high as finaling in a contest for the first time myself.

Since she's my critique partner, I must admit I feel nearly as invested in her book as she is. Of course, all my CPs have told me they feel the same about my work as I've been contesting it over the past several months, but I don't think I fully believed it until this moment. I'm so delighted she finaled. I realize I would have been crushed if she hadn't.

Anyway, now it's on to May Chen at Avon and the final round.

Good luck, Darcy.

2 comments:

Darcy Burke said...

I never wanted a blog until this moment, LOL! Thanks for the shout-out Jacqueline. And you and the other Mavens are a huge part of any success I enjoy. This was such a huge surprise, largely because I wasn't expecting to hear until after April 1.

I'm sure I'll float back to earth later, but for now, this is a GREAT ride.
XOXO,
Darcy

P.S. You can read an excerpt of Glorious at www.darcyburke.com.

Erica Ridley said...

Yay Darcy!