Thursday, June 07, 2007

Thirteen Things I Did on My Birthday

Obviously, one thing I did not do on my birthday (yesterday) was my usual Wednesday blog post. Because of that, in lieu of Lyric Thursday, I'm going to do a Thursday Thirteen this week. Here goes!
  1. Finally took cats to the vet to be neutered. Cats were not happy. Ever tried putting a cat in a carrier with his legs splayed out to the side? Very interesting.

  2. Redesigned my website. I love the new look and, better still, it matches the business cards I ordered for National. How slick is that? Now I just have to get it moved over to another server so I can lose the auto ads at the top of the page!

  3. Worked on the design for the Jackie Barbosa website. I love the look of this one, too, but I'm not quite ready to launch it yet. Check out the banner graphic:


  4. Angsted over writing 12-word and 25-word loglines for Carnally Ever After. (Have I mentioned how much I suck at loglines? Oh, yeah, I have!)

  5. Angsted over writing 50-word hook and 50-word synopsis for Carnally Ever After.

  6. Picked up minivan from the dealer, where it had been for two days to have the rack replaced. (Scary to realize I was driving around with a bad rack for a month or more.)

  7. Discovered cats have tapeworms. Ick!

  8. Picked up cats from vet. Cats not happy. Much hissing and meowing and clawing of cat carriers ensued on the way home.

  9. Belatedly realized daughter's vague stomach complaints over the past few weeks could be due to tapeworm infestation. Double ick!

  10. Went out to dinner with my family at our favorite beach restaurant.

  11. Watched my kids play in the surf while I froze my butt off after dinner. (Kids are nuts!)

  12. Came home and watched my Padres beat the hated Dodgers (ahhhhhh!) while Trevor Hoffman got his 500th save. Sa-weet!

  13. Went to bed and the rest, I'm afraid, is TMI for this blog!

6 comments:

Ann Aguirre said...

Eep, hope the kids and cats feel better soon.

Grats on your story. :)

Lori said...

Sounds like a busy birthday. Happy belated birthday!

Lady Leigh said...

What a day! I'm jealous that you are so close to the beach. Happy belated Birthday!!

lacey kaye said...

Happy Birthday!

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

http://meankittybox.blogspot.com/2007/04/snark-me-will-ya.html

Worms!!! HBD 2 u indeedy

Ericka Scott said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Oh, and love the new website look. Can't wait for Jackie's!