Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to You!

I'm off to Cub Scout Family Camp at Mataguay Scout Reservation with my family (and half our Pack!) this Saturday and Sunday night. I just finished packing up the car with the food (husband and Webelo son left an hour and a half ago with most of the camping gear) and after giving the cats more food and water and a quick pee, the two younger kids and I will be heading out.

I hope to get some writing done via the notepad method over the next few days, but fortunately, I managed to use a spare 45 minutes or so this afternoon to write about 300 words, and I have to say, I'm feeling much less bitchy!

Hopefully, everyone has a fun and productive weekend ahead. Best to all of you and please, keep those brave men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan in your thoughts and prayers. I know they'll be in mine.

I'll see you all on Wednesday. (Yeah, I'm taking a long weekend.)

3 comments:

Beverley Kendall said...

Have fun and enjoy the weekend!

Erica Ridley said...

D'oh! No holiday weekend for me! :(

You have a great time hanging out with the fam. (Would've said that to ya earlier if I'd remembered it was Memorial Day weekend in the chat!)

Ericka Scott said...

Hope you had an excellent weekend. I love camping. .. so I'm a bit jealous. . . and sometimes when I get stuck writing on the computer, it helps to go back to the old pen and notebook to get a fresh look at things.